Our Family

Our Family

Ends of the Earth

What We Eat and Recipes

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mission of Motherhood

There is an article going around on facebook that encourages stay at home moms to see their work as a "field". This is not a bad thing, for in all things we are to abide in Christ and make disciples...our children should be our main disciples! But, I must step in and say that I believe as an act of abiding our hearts are geared to invest into the lives of the outside world. How will we teach our children unless we model for them what the love of our Father looks like? I believe even as moms we can change the world. Is it easy, no. It takes lots of planning, patience, and passion to get out of "mom world" and invest into the lives outside our family...but it is possible! We live overseas and two days a week I make myself step out and do something to change the world around me. Most of the time, Wyatt is right beside me. I am a firm believer that in order for him to learn to love others in a tangible way or to share the best story ever, he must be taught by his parents. Ok, there is my soap box! haha

2 comments: